Terms and conditions
By registering to bid, receiving a bidder number, and/or placing a bid, you agree to accept and be bound by the terms and conditions of sale, as well as any amendments to the terms and conditions made orally by the auctioneer at the time and place of sale.
1. A photo ID, such as a driver's license is required to receive a bid number.
2. We make every effort to accurately describe each item, however, all property is sold “AS IS”, and we make NO guarantees, warranties, or representations, expressed or implied, with respect to the property or correctness in any catalog or other description of authenticity of authorship, genuineness, attribution, period, culture, source, origin, year, manufacturer, model, physical condition, size, quality, rarity, importance, provenance, exhibitions, literature, or historical relevance of the property or otherwise. No statement anywhere, whether oral or written, shall be deemed as a guarantee, warranty, or representation. Prospective bidders should inspect the property before bidding.
3. Your bid is a legally binding contract.
4. All sales are final. No refunds or credits will be issued.
5. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer will be the purchaser. The auctioneer's decisions as to disputed or tie bids will be final. We take bids live in-house, by phone, absentee and internet. We try to ensure all bids are represented equally. Hilliard and Co. LLC will not be held responsible for errors or failure to execute bids.
6. There is a 18% buyer's premium on all lots won in-house, and an 21% buyer's premium on all lots won through LiveAuctioneers. Virginia residents are charged a 5.3% sales tax unless a valid tax exempt number is provided.
7. Payment can be made by cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover card, money order or wire transfer. Hilliard & Co. LLC reserves the right to hold all merchandise paid for by check until funds clear.
8. The invoice must be paid in full and merchandise picked up or shipping arrangements made within 5 days of the date of sale. A storage fee of $5 per lot per day will be charged if merchandise is left longer than 10 days. Any merchandise not removed within 30 days of the sale is considered abandoned, and the buyer loses all claims/titles to said merchandise.
9. Shipping: Buyers pay all shipping, insurance and packaging supply costs. We do not have a shipping and handling department in the gallery, therefore arranging shipping with a third party is the buyer’s responsibility. You are welcome to arrange shipping through a provider of your choice.
10. Hilliard & Co. LLC, the auctioneers, their agents, the owners of the premises, and all other persons for whom the auctioneer is acting shall not be liable to any person for damages to their person or property, or accidents, while in, on or about these premises, nor shall they be liable for hidden defects. All persons are on the premises at their own risks and shall defend, indemnify, and save harmless Hilliard & Co. LLC, auctioneer and seller from any and all liability whatsoever.